White Bean Corn Tacos
(makes 4-5 little tacos, enough for a couple people)
- Little corn tortillas
- Vegetable oil
- An egg
- An avocado
- A small zucchini
- 2-4 cloves garlic, minced
- An onion, chopped
- 1/4 of a lime
- White beans - not too many - 1/8 of a can, perhaps, is what I had left over in my fridge
- 2 Tablespoons or so of Parmesan
- 2 Tablespoons or so of raw-milk cheddar or other variety of cheese you might have in your fridge
- Cilantro, enough to garnish
- A dash of chili powder
- A dash of cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Common Tones in Simple Time by John Adams
- Symphony No. 5 by Sibelius
2. Add the zucchini and cook it just a few minutes, tasting it to make sure you don't overcook it. Scoop out the avocado now and add it, too, squishing it around to mix it in. Oh, put in the white beans now, too, and be careful not to break them with your wooden spoon.
3. When the zucchini's almost cooked, add in the cheese, cilantro, and lime. Stir it around, melt the cheese, then when the cheese is melted and the zucchini cooked and the spices adjusted you can turn off the heat and break the egg over the pan and stir rapidly to get it mixed in around everywhere. Yummmmmmmy.
4. Here is where you take a smaller frying pan and your little tortillas and a little splash of veggie oil and heat them over medium heat, half-filled with mixture, like so:
Spoon on the mix and then close the tortilla into a taco shell so it's pretty and easily edible, like so:
Cook it just a minute or two, until the corn tortilla is hot and a little crispy. That's it! Enjoy! If you have leftovers, sprinkle some Parmesan over them before you put them in the microwave. It looks quite lovely.