Tuesday, March 23, 2010

MN Spring Jog Tofu Quesadillas

This past Thursday was a gorgeous day - sun beaming, in the 60's, little wind - a great day to write some music and go for a jog. On my return I had a craving for some yummy pinto bean quesadillas, but when I got back I realized I only had dry pinto beans. Shame. But I did have half a pack of tofu already open. So I made tofu quesadillas instead!

Tofu Quesadillas for a spring day

Music
Symphony of Psalms by Stravinsky

Ingredients
1 onion
3 cloves garlic
1 habanero pepper
2 large tortillas
1/2 a package of tofu
1 tsp chili powder
dash of cumin
couple dashes of salt
1/4 cup cheese
splash of lemon juice
1-2 Tbsp olive oil

1. Slice the onion and dice the pepper and garlic. Throw them on a skillet with the olive oil over medium heat. Cook this, stirring often, for about 10 minutes, until all the nice flavors are exchanged and the onions are really soft.


2. Add cumin, chili powder, and salt. Turn up the heat slightly and add the tofu, cheese, and lemon juice. Stir this gently for 5-7 minutes until the cheese is melted and everything is bubbling together nicely.


3. Spoon the filling into the tortillas and fold the tortillas. Fry the tortillas in the now-empty skillet on medium-high heat until they are a satisfying golden color.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment